Medical and Dental facilities across the country are using text message appointment reminders as a tool to improve missed appointments and lower costs.
According to a recent study by the University of Washington, Department of Psycholog, SMS reminders show great promise for use across the broad scope of health care services. This review found SMS reminders are highly effective as both an appointment and medical compliance reminder.
Highlights from the study include:
- A systematic review of SMS reminders in health care delivery was conducted.
- SMS reminders helped increase appointment attendance and medication adherence.
- SMS reminders helpful in shaping behavior across spectrum of health care issues
- SMS reminders may help promote healthy behaviors.
The study further goes on to add:
And, according to a recent study by Children’s Hospital, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, Cleveland, OH …
Did you know …
- 70% of U.S. consumers appreciate getting texts or emails from healthcare providers. (Loyalty 360)
- Text messages have a 98% open rate, while email has only a 20% open rate. (Mobile Marketing Watch)
- Text messaging has a 45% response rate, while email only has a 6% response rate. (Velocify)